Sunday 5 March 2017

Crochet Poncho

I have made several ponchos, but none for myself. So, it was time to make one.


As a starting point, I made four flower squares like this one.




Then I sewed two squares together....



... and ran out of yarn. Four squares were not enough to make a nice poncho. So, I went to the yarn store, and bought this lighter lila color to finish the poncho.



This way the poncho got some color and the extra-width it still clearly needed. I ended up with two rectangles of equal size that had an extension piece with lighter color.



I sewed the rectangulars together and finished the ends and the collar with the darker color.




Few silly ballet-like poses in front of my home with the poncho on to finalize the project.



Spring may come, I am ready!




No comments:

Post a Comment